country
EN
Muslim Youth League leader P.K. Firoz seeks VACB enquiry into the ‘Messi affair’
['Authors']
The Hindu - Home
The Muslim Youth League State General Secretary and MLA, P.K.
At a press conference here on Tuesday, Mr. Firoz claimed that it was on the basis of the complaint given by the Muslim Youth League that the Sports Special Secretary, N. Prasanth had conducted an enquiry into the “Messi affair”, which revealed grave irregularities as well as the fact that shady financial transactions had taken place on behalf of Kerala government and the AFA .
He claimed that though the Muslim Youth League had raised several pertinent questions at the time, about the manner in which the then LDF government had found a private sponsor to promote the visit by AFA and the alleged contract the LDF government had entered into for the entire event, including the refurbishing of Kochi Jawaharlal Nehru stadium at ₹70-100 crore.
The LDF government had been unwilling to divulge any details, he said.
Mr. Firoz said that the LDF government had kept mum about the entire affair, till the private sponsor himself came forward and revealed that he had already paid ₹126 crore in advance to the AFA on account of their visit to Kerala, which never materialised.