TOKYO - Prime Minister Takaichi said on August 10 that the government expects to apply the Disaster Victims' Livelihood Recovery Support Act across all of Kumamoto Prefecture, allowing households whose homes were completely destroyed in the Kumamoto earthquake to receive up to 3 million yen in assistance. Speaking at a meeting of the government's emergency disaster response headquarters for the Kumamoto earthquake, Takaichi said extensive damage to homes had been confirmed throughout the prefecture. "Because a large number of homes have been confirmed damaged, we now expect the Disaster Victims' Livelihood Recovery Support Act to be applied throughout Kumamoto Prefecture. This will make it possible to provide support payments of up to 3 million yen," Takaichi said. If the law is formally applied, households whose homes were completely destroyed will be eligible for support payments of up to 3 million yen.