country
EN
Yemen’s Houthis claim attack on Aramco facility as Saudi says fire extinguished
['Authors']
The Hindu - Home
Strikes by Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi rebels on Sunday killed at least 11 people in the Yemeni port city of Mokha, after an earlier drone salvo targeted a Saudi oil refinery on the Red Sea coast.
West Asia war LIVE updates - August 9, 2026A medical source in Mokha said three civilians and eight military personnel had been killed in the Houthi attacks.
The group had struck Aramco sites before in Jazan and Yanbu on the Red Sea.
The Houthis control vast swathes of Yemen, including the capital Sanaa and areas on the border with Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea provinces.
They have announced a maritime blockade of Saudi Arabia, hitting Saudi tankers in the Red Sea and the kingdom’s oil infrastructure, in parallel with Iran’s blockade of the Strait of Hormuz.