The Indian Navy on Sunday (August 9, 2026) joined the search operations for three fishermen who went missing following separate boat mishaps in Kollam and Thiruvananthapuram districts, officials said. INS Kalpeni sailed out from Kochi on Saturday night (August 8, 2026) for the search operation, a defence spokesperson said in a statement. “A specialised Indian Navy diving team is onboard the ship. The search involving Indian Navy divers commenced around 10 a.m. off INS Kalpeni, officials said. Family members of the missing persons had earlier protested, alleging lapses in the search operation, prompting the state government to seek the assistance of the Indian Navy.