The Minister said separate lists of insured and uninsured farmers would be prepared so that no eligible farmer was denied assistance. While some farmers had enrolled under the crop insurance scheme, many could not do so either because they had not taken up sowing or had failed to register in time, he noted. Referring to last year’s crop insurance claims, he said ₹66.397 crore had already been released out of the sanctioned ₹109.54 crore, while the remaining ₹42.139 crore was yet to be disbursed. Officials informed the Minister that 1,43,903 farmers were yet to enrol under the crop insurance scheme and appealed to farmers to register before the August 15 deadline. At Gajapur village in Kottur taluk, the Minister inspected the completely damaged six-acre maize field of farmer Siddappa and assured him of relief under the crop loss compensation and insurance schemes.