country
EN
The U.S. Says It Thwarted An Iranian Missile Attack That Ended A Brief Pause In Fighting
['Ben Finley']
World News - Breaking News, Top Stories
LOADING ERROR LOADINGWASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. military said it knocked down an Iranian ballistic missile attack against American forces in the Middle East on Tuesday, shattering a brief pause in the fighting as mediators tried to get both sides back to negotiations.
In addition, American and Saudi forces struck sites used by Iran-backed militias in Iraq to carry out attacks in recent days.
The resumption of fighting comes at the end of a month packed with multiple pressure points on U.S. President Donald Trump over the war.
AdvertisementA Saudi oil tanker is targetedMeanwhile, the Houthis claim to have fired missiles at the Saudi oil tanker NCC Ghazal, forcing it to turn back.
The rebels fired on at least one Saudi tanker in the Red Sea last week.