A judge has said that it is “disappointing” that an IS supporter who stabbed a garda will not engage in risk and psychological assessments. On Monday, three judges were told that Khan had said that morning he was “not willing to engage” with a risk assessment. His defence team also told the court that he was “not willing to engage” in a psychological assessment. The court heard that he indicated during garda interviews that he was not a very stable person, had battled with mental health issues, and had been homeless for a period. He spoke about how he did not trust doctors or psychologists and the court heard he had resisted attempts by his family to get him to seek professional help.