150 homes in Kegworth set to be built despite concerns it would be a 'step too far'Councillors approved the homes earlier this weekView 2 Images Concept photos of what the new development could look like (Image: Local Democracy Reporting Service)More than 100 homes in a Leicestershire village have been given the green light by councillors despite objectors saying it would be a "step too far". ‌North West Leicestershire District Council's (NWLDC) planning committee met on Tuesday, August 11, to decide whether to approve 150 homes on land north of Ashby Road, in Kegworth – a proposal lodged by the applicant Persimmon Homes. Richard West, representing Persimmon Homes, said that if the application was refused, it would "deprive residents". ‌He added: "The development will deliver 150 much-needed homes in a sustainable location and make a significant contribution towards the council's housing land supply. ‌He also said there had been "so many open issues" and that he believed the number of homes was a "step too far" after 110 homes were originally given planning permission on the site.