None
EN
RNLI lifeboat workers strike in East Cowes over redundancy terms
['Staff Writer', 'Min Read']
Isle of Wight News from OnTheWight
Staff at the RNLI’s inshore lifeboat centre in East Cowes have walked out in a row over redundancy terms.
As previously reported by OnTheWight, the charity intends to shift production of inshore lifeboats to Poole in Dorset by the end of 2027 and close the East Cowes site.
A spokesperson for the charity said it would “continue to provide support to all our staff at the inshore lifeboat centre”.
Councillor joins the picket lineEarlier today (Tuesday), Councillor Karl Love, who represents East Cowes, stood with staff outside the gates and called the closure a “devastating event”.
It said,“The workforce at East Cowes do a highly skilled role supplying and maintaining lifeboats for over half of the 238 stations run by the RNLI across the UK.”