None
EN
Woman pulled from rubble by Colombian rescuers two days after deadly earthquake
['Send Tip Or Correction', 'Eoghan Dalton', 'Filipe Ribeiro']
TheJournal.ie
COLOMBIAN RESCUERS PULLED a 32-year-old woman alive from the rubble of a collapsed building on Tuesday, sparking cheers and applause as exhausted crews raced to find more survivors from the country’s strongest earthquake in a century.
Daniela Largo was carried from the wreckage wrapped in a blue blanket as rescuers embraced and relatives shouted out with joy.
Perez said a local resident heard cries for help beneath the rubble and joined neighbours in removing debris before professional rescuers arrived.
As darkness fell, families prepared to sleep in parks as aftershocks rattled damaged neighbourhoods where entire blocks had been reduced to rubble.
I wasn’t able to get out,” said Beatriz Arcos, who was trapped with her husband and mother beneath their collapsed condominium.