"Israel rejects the 15-point document," Netanyahu said at the start of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, part of his remarks were televised on major American networks. "The IDF (Israeli Defence Forces) will not make any withdrawal until Hamas is truly disarmed and will continue to thwart threats against our forces and citizens." Trump in July announced an agreement for Hamas to disarm and for the Israel troops to withdraw from the Gaza Strip as part of a U.S.-brokered ceasefire signed last year. Netanyahu said the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza is contingent upon the complete and verifiable demilitarization of Hamas, a condition he insisted must be met before Israel commits to its side of the agreement. Netanyahu also moved to quash any speculation about a future political settlement that could involve Palestinian statehood.