The co-ordinated raids took place on Tuesday at more than 100 service stations in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and the ACT. It's understood Metro Petroleum service stations were targeted. Julian Hill, the assistant minister for customs, said the servos had been targeted through shared intelligence and partner agency referrals. Operation Shorthand involved Commonwealth, state and territory partner agencies across six jurisdictions, and included the co-ordinated deployment of 250 law enforcement and regulatory officers. Mr Hill said it didn't matter whether people were trying to sell or supply illegal tobacco, law enforcement agencies were going after those in the trade.