The science and technology ministry has filed a criminal complaint alleging misuse of funds and budget fraud exceeding 100 billion forints (EUR 275,000) in connection with the “Gondosóra” programme that hands out and manages an emergency alert device for the elderly, Zoltán Tanács, the minister, said on Monday. Huge fraud in connection with the emergency alert device for the elderly? The scheme is a government initiative launched in 2022 to provide elderly Hungarian citizens aged 65 and over with a free GPS-enabled emergency alert device, enhancing their safety and enabling them to call for help in emergencies, MTI wrote. Photo: Facebook/GondosóraTanacs said that authorities had already launched investigations and filed reports in connection with the scheme. On Monday, the ministry added its own report, citing suspicions of misappropriation of funds and budget fraud worth over 100 billion forints.