—Human Rights Watch – (Beirut) – The Israeli military’s April 22, 2026 attacks in Lebanon that killed one journalist and severely injured another included apparently deliberate attacks on civilians and civilian objects, which would make them war crimes, Human Rights Watch said today. Human Rights Watch sent a letter to the UNIFIL, UN peacekeeping forces in Lebanon, on May 7, but did not receive a response. Human Rights Watch also sent a letter to the Israeli military on June 17 requesting information about the attacks. The EU should immediately suspend the trade pillar of its Association Agreement with Israel as long as Israel’s atrocity crimes persist, Human Rights Watch said. Human Rights Watch has previously documented repeated, apparently deliberate attacks by the Israeli military against journalists in Lebanon in 2023 and 2024.