Gautam Adani was indicted along with his nephew Sagar Adani and six others. A US federal judge on Monday dismissed criminal charges brought by US prosecutors against Indian billionaire Gautam Adani, ending a case that began with his indictment in November 2024. However, Brooklyn-based judge Nicholas Garaufis said there were “concerning” irregularities in the process in how the Department of Justice (DoJ) decided to abandon the fraud and bribery case. The DoJ had moved to dismiss the criminal charges this May. Garaufis said the government had broad discretion over whether to continue a prosecution, despite his concerns over how the decision had been reached.