Telus told the Commission its own retail and digital defences “remain insufficient because the bad actors constantly adapt and find workarounds.” Telus also says flat out it won’t require biometric verification, and that a locked phone still reaches 911 and emergency fallback networks during an outage. Telus says it intends to start locking devices in October of this year, which is not conditional on the CRTC approving it first (just like what Bell is doing). We previously had reached out to Telus to seek clarification on its phone locking date, which was set for the end of July. But a Telus spokesperson clarified to iPhone in Canada on Monday of its new plan to start locking phones in October of this year.