None
ID
Montenegro Police Raid Nets 50 Foreigners, ‘Hundreds’ of Digital Devices, and Cash
['Predrag Milic', '.Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus-Coauthors.Is-Layout-Flow', 'Class', 'Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus', 'Display Inline', '.Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus-Avatar', 'Where Img', 'Height Auto Max-Width', 'Vertical-Align Bottom .Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus-Coauthors.Is-Layout-Flow .Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus-Avatar', 'Vertical-Align Middle .Wp-Block-Co-Authors-Plus-Avatar Is .Alignleft .Alignright']
Balkan Insight
Montenegrin police said on Tuesday they were checking on more than 50 foreign nationals, most of them Ukrainian citizens, who they found when raiding a large house in the Mareza area of Podgorica.
Police also said they seized hundreds of digital devices, “sophisticated equipment” and a large amount of cash.
“Police officers, based on previously undertaken proactive activities, located and identified the facility – a large house in Mareza, Podgorica – after which they entered the building in accordance with the law,” a Police Directorate statement said.
Police said a large amount of cash was also found and that its origin and possible connection to the activities under investigation would be checked.
The authorities said they were examining the legal basis on which the foreigners are staying and working in Montenegro, their activities and movements, the purpose and manner of use of the seized equipment and devices, and any possible links to illegal activities.