None
EN
Penticton mayor says community rallying to support wildfire evacuees
['Emily Joveski', 'Emily Joveski Is The Provincial News Reporter For Vista Radio', 'Based In Victoria B.C. She Has Worked In Radio For More Than A Decade', "Was Previously On The Airwaves As A Broadcaster For The Canadian Press In Toronto. When She'S Not At Her Desk", 'She Might Be Found Exploring Vancouver Island Or Loitering In A Local Book Store.']
News Archives : My Cowichan Valley Now
Penticton’s mayor said officials are watching the wind direction as the out-of-control Bald Range wildfire prompts evacuation orders and alerts for nearby areas.
The City of Penticton said Sunday there was no immediate risk to residents due to the Bald Range wildfire.
Thousands of evacuees in PentictonBloomfield estimated there were 12,000 to 15,000 evacuees in Penticton.
He said Penticton residents have been stepping up to support evacuees, with a steady stream of support and donations for people using the evacuation hub established at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre.
Wildfire Service said the Bald Range fire was discovered on Aug. 7 and had grown to more than 136 square kilometres as of Sunday afternoon.