None
NO
Peters teen charged in ‘sextortion’ case asks Superior Court to grant bond request
['Mike Jones']
Observer-Reporter
The Peters Township teen at the center of the alleged “sextortion and catfishing” scheme is asking the state Superior Court to grant him bond after earlier requests have been rejected by the lower courts multiple times.
District Judge Phillippe Melograne denied Meyers bond during his Feb. 20 arraignment, and then again a week later at his preliminary hearing where he ordered the defendant to stand trial on all charges.
Attorneys for Meyers made additional requests for bond modifications to Washington County Court of Common Pleas Judge Traci McDonald in March and June, but were denied both times.
The teen later messaged Meyers and told him he had “vids” of the encounter and shared them, according to court documents.
Peters Township authorities told city police that Scott “had been the subject of a previous similar investigation,” although investigators did not reveal whether that situation involves the sextortion and catfishing case.