US President Donald Trump said on Monday it would be "a terrible mistake" to replace Gianni Infantino, the embattled FIFA president who tried, and failed, to sell off part of the World Cup to private investors. But Trump backed Infantino, who awarded the US president a "FIFA Peace Prize" at the World Cup draw ceremony last year. "FIFA would be making a terrible mistake if, for any reason, they even considered replacing President Gianni Infantino," Trump posted on Truth Social. Trump called Infantino "fantastic" and said he "presided over the most successful World Cup, by four times, ever presented". Trump's backing of Infantino is at odds with US Soccer, who joined the voices lining up against the FIFA president.