None
TR
Domestic Gold Purchase Programme under NPP ‘ended long ago’ — Sammy Gyamfi
[]
MyJoyOnline
GoldBod CEO, Sammy GyamfiThe Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (GoldBod), Sammy Gyamfi, has rejected claims that the government is still operating the Domestic Gold Purchase Programme introduced under the erstwhile New Patriotic Party (NPP) administration.
He said the programme had been discontinued before the current administration assumed office and should not be confused with GoldBod’s current operations in Ghana’s gold sector.
Speaking on Twitter Spaces on Sunday, August 9, Mr Gyamfi said anyone suggesting that GoldBod is still undertaking the former programme is misrepresenting the facts.
“The Domestic Gold Purchase Programme by the erstwhile NPP government has ended long ago.
Anyone who claims GoldBod is undertaking that programme isn't being truthful,” he said.