Councillor Jenny Williams, of Eastbourne Borough Council, said the town had been looking forward to welcoming the Red Arrows back to Airbourne. “We were all looking forward to welcoming the Red Arrows back to the blue and sunny skies above Eastbourne, but we understand that the safety of the team must always come first. The Red Arrows are set to return to their schedule later in August and are still due to display at Cromer Carnival on the Norfolk coast on August 19. Wing Commander Sasha Nash, chief of the RAF Aerobatic Team, said: “We are very sorry the Red Arrows cannot participate at these events and we are grateful to organisers and communities for their understanding. “Every effort is being made to ensure the Red Arrows can recommence the busy display season as soon as possible.