None
EN
Syria says reached deal with Moscow on fate of Russian bases
['The Frontier Post']
The Frontier Post
DAMASCUS (AFP) : Syria said on Sunday (Aug 9) that it reached a deal with Russia on the fate of its two bases in the country, which Moscow once used to provide military support to ousted leader Bashar al-Assad during the Syrian civil war.
In the meantime, civilian facilities at both bases will be handed over to Damascus.
Both the Hmeimim and Tartus bases had remained operational while talks were ongoing.
Syria has expressed a willingness to cooperate with Moscow, and President Ahmed al-Sharaa has been received by Putin in Moscow twice since taking over.
Earlier this year, the Kremlin withdrew its forces from the Qamishli airport in Syria’s northeast.