Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday rejected a U.S.-backed Gaza peace plan and vowed there would be no military withdrawal until Hamas is "genuinely" disarmed. Last month, President Trump hailed the peace plan as a "historic agreement for the complete disarmament of Hamas and all other groups in Gaza." He said it was negotiated by his international "Board of Peace" and called it a "monumental step toward lasting peace and security." On Sunday, after more than a week of gradually escalating criticism of the plan, Netanyahu explicitly opposed it as he faced pushback from his right-wing base ahead of elections. "We are talking about real disarmament, not fictitious disarmament," Netanyahu said.