None
EN
Netanyahu Rejects Trump’s Gaza Peace Plan, Demands Hamas Disarmament
['Chidinma Onwuchekwa']
The Whistler Newspaper
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly rejected United States President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace 15-point plan for Gaza, declaring that Israeli forces will not withdraw from the territory until Hamas is completely disarmed.
“Israel rejects the 15-point document,” Netanyahu said at a cabinet meeting on Sunday.
“As long as I am prime minister, no Palestinian state will be established — not in Gaza and not in the West Bank,” he said.
Israeli forces currently occupy more than half of Gaza, in the east and south of the territory.
During a meeting with Netanyahu last week, Board of Peace Director Nickolay Mladenov urged the Israeli prime minister to stop attacks on Gaza.