Former NBA bust and current Republican Senate candidate Royce White has announced plans to enter the 2027 WNBA Draft, claiming he now identifies as transgender — for athletic purposes, anyway. I identify as sometimes identifying as a woman for purpose of basketball, professional basketball, so I’ll be declaring for the WNBA draft in 2027 as well,” White, 35, told Fox News Saturday. White’s announcement comes one day after former NBA player Enes Kanter Freedom, who is a man, said he also plans to enter the 2027 WNBA Draft. Freedom’s statement followed comments from WNBA player Sophie Cunningham about transgender athletes that renewed a heated debate on the league’s policies for transgender players. The debate over transgender athletes in the WNBA intensified last month after Cunningham, a guard for the Indiana Fever, criticized trans participation in women’s sports.