The US expects Iran to restore the flow of oil and gas through the Strait of Hormuz to pre-conflict levels and ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels, US Vice President JD Vance said Saturday. “The Iranians have told us they have no plans to toll the Strait of Hormuz,” Vance said, adding that the US would judge Tehran by its actions. Vance said Iran and Gulf countries, particularly Oman, had been discussing ways to maintain safe maritime traffic. The US also expects Iran to commit to not firing on commercial vessels, Vance said. “That also includes a commitment from the Iranians that they’re not going to fire at commercial vessels,” he said.