None
EN
Crews recover 19 bodies from rubble of destroyed Gaza building
[]
Grenada Chronicle – Daily Grenada And Caribbean News
Nineteen bodies, most of them women and children, have been recovered from under the rubble of a destroyed residential building in Gaza City, Gaza’s civil defence said in a statement.
The recovery, which concluded on Saturday, is the latest in a slow, largely manual campaign to retrieve the dead from beneath Gaza’s ruins.
Specialised medics and civil defence crews would now move to a new site elsewhere in Gaza City, he said, to resume search operations.
Gaza’s Health Ministry says more than 8,000 people remain missing under rubble across the territory.
Since the ceasefire took hold on October 11 last year, at least 1,254 people have been killed, 4,121 wounded and 804 bodies recovered from rubble, according to the ministry’s latest count.