The former Williams High School, now Stockbridge Town Offices, has been in the news lately. The brick school building was erected in 1913–14 to replace the wooden Williams Academy shown below. The old wooden structure stood in what is now the parking lot behind the Town Offices. It is believed that the school bell was moved from the old school to the new one, but this writer has not been able to confirm that as of publishing. Since 2008, it has served as Stockbridge Town Offices, Police Department, school district administration, and a public gymnasium.