A Miami-Dade Corrections internal affairs investigation report obtained exclusively by NBC6 is shedding new light on how a man accused of causing a deadly drunk driving crash in Miami-Dade was deported before he could stand trial and how county corrections officers allegedly failed to follow protocol in the process. Internal affairs findingsThe internal affairs report, provided to NBC6 by the victims’ families, stated six Miami-Dade Corrections officers were accused of failing to follow proper procedures surrounding Zuniga's release to federal immigration authorities. Miami-Dade Corrections has previously acknowledged mistakes were made in the handling of the case and said several officers would face disciplinary action. After obtaining the internal affairs report, NBC6 requested additional comment from the department regarding the investigation and its findings. On Friday, MDCR told NBC6, “The Miami-Dade Corrections and Rehabilitation Department is committed to maintaining the highest standards of public safety, transparency, and accountability.