None
RO
F1 Rumor: Fernando Alonso Wants a $40 Million Salary to Stay at Aston Martin
['Alex Harrington', 'Alex Harrington Is A Writer At Motorbiscuit Covering Automotive News', 'Motorsport', 'Car Culture. He Also Writes For Motorsport.Com', 'Newsweek.Com', 'Previously Contributed To On Si', 'Men S Journal.', 'With A Background In Digital Publishing', 'Seo-Led Editorial Strategy', 'He Focuses On Making Fast-Moving Industry Stories Clear']
MotorBiscuit
Marc Limacher, who writes for the specialist publication Business Book GP, reports that Alonso is seeking €40 million annually to remain at Aston Martin through the 2027 and 2028 seasons – a large step up from his current yearly salary of €30 million.
Aston Martin has reportedly responded with a Letter of Intent.
The Announcement Could Come at ZandvoortSeveral sources, among them RacingNews365, have identified the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, scheduled for August 21–23, as the expected weekend of the formal announcement.
Adrian Newey, who joined Aston Martin as Managing Technical Partner and has invested considerable personal credibility in the team’s direction, told media he is “pretty confident” Alonso will stay.
That says a lot about what Alonso still represents to Aston Martin – and what Newey apparently believes is coming once the car catches up to the ambition.