AN APPEALS COURT on Friday upheld a US judge’s order to halt construction on President Donald Trump’s prized White House ballroom, but issued a two-week delay to enforcement for a possible Supreme Court appeal. The three-judge panel of the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit ruled 2-1 to uphold the judge’s earlier order, which demanded a halt to most above-ground construction at the White House site but had been paused until the appellate court made its decision. “We will be immediately appealing to the United States Supreme Court,” Trump said in a post on Truth Social, describing it as “a horrendous, politically motivated, and unlawful ruling” that goes against national security interests. In June The Washington Post reported that the ballroom project is expected to cost as much as $600 million (or about €516 million), with more than half coming from taxpayers. When Trump first floated the idea of the ballroom he said it would cost $200 million (€173.28 million).