Beckley, WV (WOAY) – West Virginia Treasurer Larry Pack says the state did not have to shut down its school clothing voucher program, and he disputes the claim that the money had run out. The state opened clothing voucher applications July 20 and closed them seven days later, after about 52,000 applications were received, saying funding had been exhausted. The Governor’s Office also says the state will spend roughly the same amount on the voucher program as it did last year. The governor has also said nearly half the voucher money was being pulled out as cash at ATMs, a claim that came after the program closed. The pushback comes as state Sen. Brian Helton prepares an oversight hearing next week on how the voucher money is spent.