None
EN
Northland man fined $15,000 for unpermitted house demolition
['Our Newsroom Occasionally Reports Stories Under A Byline Of', 'Staff.', 'Often', 'The', 'Staff', 'Byline Is Used When Rewriting Basic News Briefs That Originate Official Sources', 'Such As A City Press Release About A Road Closure', 'Which Require Little Or No Reporting. At Times', 'This Byline Is Used When A News Story Includes Numerous Authors Or When The Story Is Formed Aggregating Previously Reported News Various Sources. If Outside Sources Are Used', 'It Is Noted Within The Story.']
Duluth News Tribune
DULUTH — A Saginaw man has been fined $15,100 for conducting an illegal house demolition and other solid waste violations.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency announced the fine against Duluth-area property owner Peter Walkowiak on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENTThe agency said it received a referral from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and the State Fire Marshal’s Office in September 2024.
The report indicated Walkowiak was demolishing a house in the Saginaw area and burning prohibited materials, including some containing asbestos, without obtaining a permit.
READ MORE LOCAL NEWS“Burning prohibited materials and failing to properly dispose of solid waste can result in dangerous contaminants being released into the environment,” the MPCA said in a news release.