Trump administration moves forward with Head Start overhaul, proposing to eliminate regulationsPhoto by: Canva still imageWASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s administration said Thursday it plans to overhaul Head Start, tossing out many of the regulations that are the hallmark of the early education program for the nation’s poorest children. Head Start centers serve around 700,000 of the nation’s most vulnerable children, including those who are homeless, in foster care or disabled. “The model was created with intentionality,” said Khari Garvin, who oversaw Head Start under President Joe Biden, a Democrat. He added that he tried to shield Head Start from many of the cuts that hit the rest of his agency. Still, the Trump administration succeeded last year in laying off much of Head Start’s support staff and closing half of its regional offices.