None
EN
Nigerian forces rescue 308 kidnap victims, presidency says
['Please Enter Your Name Here', 'Root', '--Ppa-Color-Scheme', '--Ppa-Color-Scheme-Active', 'Sourceurl Multiple-Authors-Widget-Css-Inline-Css', '.Pp-Multiple-Authors-Boxes-Wrapper.Pp-Multiple-Authors-Layout-Inline.Multiple-Authors-Target-The-Content .Pp-Author-Boxes-Avatar Img', 'Width', 'Important', 'Height', 'Border-Style']
Sunday World
Nigerian security forces have rescued 308 people abducted in separate attacks in northern Niger and Kwara states, in what President Bola Tinubu described as the largest same-day rescue operation carried out by a joint security team.
• The presidency said in a statement late on Wednesday that 163 of those rescued had been abducted from Woro community in Kwara’s Kaiama district and another 145 from neighbouring Niger state.
Ongoing security challenges• All the victims were freed from the Kainji Lake National Park forest in Niger state following an operation involving the armed forces, intelligence agency and police, the statement added.
• The presidency did not say whether any suspects were apprehended during the operation.
• Tinubu on Tuesday approved pay rises of up to 80% for members of the armed forces, part of efforts to boost the morale and welfare of troops at the forefront of fighting insecurity.