None
EN
Cornwall man arrested in Environment Agency waste crime investigation near Camborne
['Paul Armstrong']
Falmouth Packet | News
The arrest was carried out today (Wednesday, August 5) during a joint operation involving the Environment Agency, Cornwall Council, and Devon and Cornwall Police.
The Environment Agency said the operation forms part of a wider investigation into activities at a site containing around 50,000 tonnes of predominantly inert construction waste.
The Environment Agency said it had previously taken action to halt large-scale waste deposits at a Camborne site, including issuing Illegal Waste Stop Letters to the landowner, hauliers, and operator.
Officials said the arrest demonstrates their commitment to tackling waste crime through national enforcement measures aimed at protecting communities and the environment.
Anyone with information relating to environmental offences can contact the Environment Agency via its incident hotline or report information anonymously through Crimestoppers.