None
NL
Israel To Scale Back Gaza Strikes To Give Trump's Hamas Disarmament Plan A Chance
['Tyler Durden']
ZeroHedge News
The officials said the change followed a request from Nickolay Mladenov, the Gaza envoy for Trump’s Board of Peace, to suspend Israeli strikes for two weeks while negotiations over Hamas’s disarmament move forward.
Netanyahu said in an Aug. 4 video message that Israel would not withdraw from its current positions in Gaza until Hamas had been completely disarmed.
A senior Israeli official told Epoch Magazine Israel that despite the new restrictions on strikes, militants in Gaza would not have immunity.
Gaza would eventually be governed by a technocratic Palestinian administration working with the Board of Peace, according to U.S. officials.
Israel says Hamas must disarm before Israeli forces pull back from the roughly 60 percent of Gaza they currently control.