STAFF LIVING IN an overcrowded south Dublin house at the centre of a fire safety investigation have publicly defended their employer, saying they were not exploited and that recent reports about their cramped living conditions did not reflect reality. Dublin Fire Brigade recommended that the building should no longer be used for its existing purpose, citing fire safety concerns. AdvertisementThe workers said living in the accommodation was voluntary and allowed them to save money while searching for longer-term housing. Cainte Entertainment previously told the Sunday Independent it had been providing temporary accommodation because staff were struggling to secure housing in Dublin. The company added that the number of people staying at the property was reducing as employees found alternative accommodation.