Around 2,741,570 Moroccans abroad returned to Morocco under Operation Marhaba from the start of the annual summer transit operation through August 3, Omar Moussa Abdellah, Operation Marhaba supervisor at the Mohammed V Foundation for Solidarity, said in an interview with Radio Tanger Med, according to Morocco’s Press Agency (MAP). While the total number of passengers increased, the number of vehicles arriving fell 12% from last year to 287,518. Abdellah attributed the decline to a growing number of travelers choosing to carpool in response to higher travel costs. Nador Port received 200,013 passengers, and Tangier City Port received 168,240. Abdellah said all agencies participating in Operation Marhaba are fully mobilized to ensure smooth travel for Moroccans returning home throughout the remainder of the summer operation.