None
EN
Spain mulls what to do about child migrants after Ceuta mass crossing
[]
The Local Spain
The leader of Spain's north African territory of Ceuta on Wednesday said the number of children left there after last week's rush of migrants was "unsustainable", pleading for government aid.
The Spanish government's top official in Ceuta, Miguel Ángel Pérez, conceded those youngsters were "a priority, a source of great concern".
The charity Save the Children estimates that around 1,000 "unprotected" minors are among the migrants still in Ceuta.
Advertisement"We are asking for help, for assistance from the rest of Spain" through the leftist central government, said Vivas.
"We gave sufficient warning that the situation was becoming extremely strained and that exceptional measures needed to be adopted," he added.