PressTV.ir – Aug 3, 2026A senior officer at the US military’s Central Command (CENTCOM) has asked military analysts for “new” ideas to deal with Iran following Washington’s crushing defeat in the war against Tehran, a report says. A second source confirmed that a senior US military officer sent the message last week, soliciting fresh ideas on how to address Iran. The second source said CENTCOM is examining every possibility and acknowledging the need to reevaluate its strategy. The reported plans emerged amid continued tensions following Iran’s resistance to US pressure tactics and military aggression. Iran responded with daily waves of missiles and drones targeting US and Israeli assets across the region while closing the Strait of Hormuz.