None
NL
MP urges people not to speculate after body found in search for boy off Yorkshire
['Dylan Connell']
Gazette & Herald | News
Charlie Dewhirst, MP for Bridlington and the Wolds, said he was “deeply saddened by the heartbreaking news” that the body had been recovered in Hornsea on Wednesday morning (August 5).
Mr Dewhirst said his “thoughts and prayers are with the child’s family and friends at this truly awful time”.
Emergency services in Hornsea on Tuesday (August 4) (Image: Kevin Allitt/PA Wire)A major search was launched after the boy was reported missing shortly after 6pm on Tuesday.
Their dedication and compassion during this difficult time has been truly remarkable,” Mr Dewhirst said.
“I respectfully ask that everyone allow the family privacy and I urge people to avoid speculation in order to allow the relevant authorities to continue their investigation.”