None
EN
Maj-Gen Philani Lushaba was victim of sex work syndicate, Idac prosecutor says
['Tshwarelo Eseng Mogakane', 'Please Enter Your Name Here', 'Root', '--Ppa-Color-Scheme', '--Ppa-Color-Scheme-Active', 'Sourceurl Multiple-Authors-Widget-Css-Inline-Css', '.Pp-Multiple-Authors-Boxes-Wrapper.Pp-Multiple-Authors-Layout-Inline.Multiple-Authors-Target-The-Content .Pp-Author-Boxes-Avatar Img', 'Width', 'Important', 'Height']
Sunday World
“In particular, I did not understand why the complainant (Gen Lushaba), who on the face of the docket was the victim, had been charged,” Serunye told the commission.
The Lushaba matter became one of several Crime Intelligence investigations pursued by Idac under former head Adv Andrea Johnson.
It later expanded into allegations that Crime Intelligence secret-service resources were improperly used in the aftermath of the incident, forming part of the broader investigations that ultimately led to criminal charges against several senior officers.
Serunye told commissioners that objective evidence in the docket supported Lushaba’s version that he had been robbed.
“I didn’t understand then, but if you look at it now, it appears there is some conflict between these investigators in Crime Intelligence,” he said.