An Indian-flagged commercial ship came under attack on Tuesday in the Red Sea, off the coast of Yemen, the Ministry of External Affairs said. The ministry also said on Tuesday night that the “continuing incidents of attacks on commercial shipping in the region” were deeply worrisome. On Thursday, the Ministry of External Affairs told Parliament that 16 Indians , including 10 seafarers, had been killed during the conflict. The US and Iran had arrived at an interim agreement on June 15 to stop the fighting and reopen the Strait of Hormuz for commercial vessels. The Strait of Hormuz, the narrow waterbody connecting the Persian Gulf to the Arabian Sea, had effectively been blocked for most international commercial vessels since the conflict began, triggering a global energy crisis.