None
EN
Russian men’s volleyball team chooses to skip 2027 FIVB World Cup in Poland
[]
TASS
The Russian men's national volleyball team has decided to withdraw from the 2027 FIVB (the International Volleyball Federation) World Cup in Poland, President of the Russian Volleyball Federation (RVF) Stanislav Shevchenko said on Tuesday.
"As for the 2027 World Cup in Poland, a decision has been made to withdraw from this tournament for security reasons.
On July 9, President of the Polish Volleyball Union Sebastian Swiderski said that the national sports organization could no longer obstruct Russia from taking part in the 2027 World Cup without resulting consequences.
The 2027 FIVB Men’s Volleyball World Cup and will be hosted by Poland for the fourth time in the competitions history on September 10-26, 2027.
On July 8, the Board of Administration of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) ruled to lift all previously imposed restrictions against Russia following recommendations from the International Olympic Committee.