None
EN
Southern California Edison equipment blamed for deadly 2025 Eaton Fire in Los Angeles
['Abc News']
ABC News: Business
LOS ANGELES -- Sparks from an idle transmission tower owned by Southern California Edison caused the 2025 Eaton fire in the Los Angeles area that killed 19 people and destroyed more than 9,400 homes and businesses, Los Angeles County fire officials said in a report released Tuesday.
SoCal Edison claimed in lawsuits earlier this year that Los Angeles County agencies failed to send timely evacuation warnings to residents in east and west Altadena.
Attorney Mira Hashmall, who is representing Los Angeles County in Eaton fire-related litigation, said the report shows what “Edison knew all along.”
The Los Angeles County Arson Fire Investigation Unit jointly conducted the Eaton fire investigation with California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection or Cal Fire.
The Palisades Fire was the most destructive blaze in Los Angeles to date and among the five worst in California’s history.