None
EN
Gaza families bury 112 people recovered nearly three years after Israeli strikes
['Mohammed Al-Hajjar', 'Gaza City', 'Occupied Palestine', 'David Hearst', 'Marchella Ward']
Section Feed
Palestinians on Tuesday buried 112 members of a single clan killed in Israeli air strikes in November 2023, after their remains were recovered from beneath the rubble last month.
Most remained buried beneath the collapsed buildings.
In the end, we managed to recover the remains of 112 people," Mahmoud Basal, spokesperson for the Palestinian Civil Defence in the Gaza Strip, told MEE.
"Thousands of people are still buried beneath the rubble, while their families continue to grieve and plead for the means to recover them."
However, he said the true figure is likely closer to 15,000, with many still believed to be buried beneath collapsed buildings across the territory.