With the new school year about a week away, Clark County School District officials touted new transportation funding to help students make the move to better-performing schools as well as a relatively low number of teacher vacancies and no budget-related layoffs. Clark County School District Superintendent Jhone Ebert said in a phone interview Monday the district is preparing to welcome back around 280,000 students for the 2026-27 school year. Only three school districts were awarded grant funding: Clark County, Carson City and Douglas County, with Clark County receiving the lion's share at $6.6 million, though the district noted that state funding is only available for this school year. However, transportation isn't typically offered, creating a barrier for families that can't afford to transport their kids to another school. She said so far, close to 30,000 Clark County students will take advantage of open enrollment for the upcoming 2026-27 school year.