Russia said on Monday that seven people, including three children, had been killed and 40 injured at its Black Sea holiday resort of Gelendzhik in what it said was a deliberate Ukrainian drone attack on civilians. There was no immediate comment from Ukraine, which like Russia, ‌says it does not deliberately target civilians in the full-scale war which Moscow launched in 2022. Veniamin Kondratyev, the governor of Russia’s southern Krasnodar region where Gelendzhik is located, called what had happened a tragedy. In a separate earlier statement, Kondratyev had spoken of falling drone fragments, a phrase ‌that usually suggests that Russian air defences have brought down a Ukrainian drone. It was not clear ⁠in this case ⁠if Russia had used electronic jamming or other air defence methods to try to change the course of the drone before it slammed ‌into the beach.